Developer, Software full stack
Req Id: 366086
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
To support its growth, Bell Media Québec is looking for a front end developer to join the development team for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by Bell Media (TV, Radio, Noovo, RDS, TSN, CTV News, and more). The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.
The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
- Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every task;
- Work with the back-end development team to find innovative solutions;
- Bring solutions to problems related to cross-platform display;
- Work with the designer’s team to respect their guidelines;
- Work with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
- Respect the established processes and try to improve them.
- DEC in multimedia or equivalent;
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development;
- Solid working knowledge in a Java environment;
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager is an excellent add on.
- Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
- Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, etc.);
- Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git, svn);
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Kanban, Confluence);
- Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Experience to work in a Java environment;
- Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO
- Experience as a team leader
- Team spirit;
- Flexible, meticulous and resourceful;
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several competitive products simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively within a national organization.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.