Developer, Data Engineering 1
Req Id: 369551
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Role:
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Artificial Intelligence is among the fastest growing business and technology disciplines. Specifically in Telecom, there are great opportunities to utilize machine learning and advanced analytics solutions to evolve network planning and operations and prepare for the future network.
Bell’s Network Big Data & AI team is focused on utilizing machine learning, big data and advanced analytics technologies to enable Bell’s future AI powered networks.
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated data and analytics professional to join a fast growing team of machine learning experts to design, develop data solution to support the entire Bell Network community.
We are looking for a Data Engineering specialist for Bell’s Big Data Network Deep Packet Inspection team.
The NDPI team is responsible to deliver and maintain an optimized toolset in order to assist engineering and operational teams in improving, optimizing, troubleshooting and supporting the networks.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Maintain existing infrastructure & capacity planning
- Ensure adequate evolution of current solutions with vendors
- Influence vendor roadmap to keep up with technological evolution
- Work in lab to test/validate tools against new technologies
- Update user community on new features/ functionality
- Ensure availability of platforms/solutions
- Respond to service requests from clients/users
- Deploy new equipment - installation/configuration
- Develop vast knowledge of both Data Networks and Core Networks for UMTS/LTE/VoLTE and 5G
- Support teams with their investigations.
- Build workspaces for service level reporting.
- Presentations to internal teams to onboard new users
- Define architecture of various solutions on national network.
- Define visibility architecture for TAP and Aggregation technologies
- Design strategies for solutions to minimize impact on network
- Process Improvement – including automation of system tasks
Critical Skills/ Competencies :
- University degree in Engineering or computer/IT or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience working with network support tools such as: TAP and Aggregation based technologies, Network Probes (packet capture, call trace, Business Intelligence), Active test platforms
- Very good knowledge of IP networking technologies. In particular, a good understanding of SNMP and TCP/IP protocols, networking technologies (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Radware) .
- Expertise in UNIX systems (Linux) as well as Windows platforms
- Linux certification
- Knowledge of automation tools (Ansible)
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle).
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Open Stack, Open Shift , Containers)
- Very good analytical capabilities.
- Aptitudes with technical writing to provide documentation that is concise and accurate with clear language.
- Autonomous and very well organized.
- Systematic, professional working methods.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Knowledge of Python
- Software development tools and methodologies
- Agile development system
- Scrum Master
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Dorval || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/20/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.