Developer, Cloud Application
Req Id: 358769
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
If innovation, vision and skills are your strength then we have the right opportunity for you. If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. The Network Cloud team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating Bell Network Infrastructure. We enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting Bell’s SDN and NFV network strategy. As a Software developer, you will design, build and maintain scalable and resilient software environments, lead the evolution of our continuous integration/continuous deployment infrastructure, as well as ensuring daily platform availability and operations that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network.
- Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality.
- Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- At least 3 years of python programming experience in a professional environment.
- At least 5 years of overall object-oriented programming experience in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in solution and software architecture
- Proficiency in building and running apps within Docker.
- Strong experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient (micro-services) software systems.
- Experience in CI/CD implementations (e.g. Git, Jenkins, GoCD, GitLAB, Nexus, Artifactory) to develop the fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies and models (ONAP, Opendaylight, Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf/RESTconf, BGP, IPv6).
- Experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Proficiency in Shell and Go.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
#Indeed #Tech #Technology #PythonProgramming #Programming #IT #InformationTechnology #GIT #Jetkinds #GoCD #GitLAB #Nexus #RESTful #Kubernetes #Helm #ONAP #Opendaylight #Openstack #Yang #Tosca #heat #Ubuntu #CentOS #RHEL #Shell #Go #LI-MS2
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, NB, Saint John
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.