Developer, Business Intelligence
Req Id: 361252
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
We’ve created a brand new team for our Small and Medium Business customers. Our team sells the best Internet, TV and Wireless services across Canada. Using industry-leading, cutting-edge solutions in IoT and 5G we power Canada’s business growth. If you're an innovative, collaborative, and performance-driven professional who wants to play a key role in a winning culture, now is the time to join our team! Opportunities to build something of this scale don’t come around every day – get in on the ground floor!
Our Business Intelligence Team within BSMB provides reporting and analytical insight to Marketing, Sales and Product teams to support day-to-day operations and strategic planning. The team plays an integral role in decision-making at multiple levels of management through complex analyses, predictive modeling, data definition and standardization, data mining, reporting, as well as sourcing external data from 3rd party relationships.
Do you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? If you refer a qualified candidate who is not a current Bell employee and they are hired, you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus! Simply look for the referral hashtag in the job description to see if this role qualifies.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, this role will develop data solutions that integrate our small and medium businesses. You will proactively find and capture data from various sources to improve the performance of our business.
The Business Intelligence Developer will review and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources. Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to senior management. You will also play a key role in supporting current and future advanced analytics projects with data to enable modeling and analytics.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is willing to learn and evolve with the business. You have an insatiable drive and passion to continually improve our results.
- Design databases, understand and translate business needs into data models
- Analysis, design and development of ETL programs with SAS and Teradata
- Propose and implement optimized automated solutions to inefficient processes and code
- Design and develop optimized data models, structures and coding techniques to improve efficiency
- Converge with and collect requirements from end users; translate requirements into technical solutions
- Support and troubleshoot technical problems within the Bl Environment
- Design and introduce new processes and solutions to drive sophisticated BI processes.
- Translate business requirements into efficient BI solutions.
- Deliver on key projects and data strategies that directly support key business drivers.
- Take part in defining the overall data integration architecture (e.g. ETL processes, Data Marts, OLAP).
- Design, develop and implement procedure to consolidate internal and external data sources to provide business insights
Critical Qualifications & Competencies:
- 3+ year hands-on experience with ETL development and design techniques
- Advanced knowledge of SQL is required (3+ years experience)
- Experience with SAS programming language and SAS Data Integration Studio
- Experience with Teradata and SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Information Technology, Computer Science and/or related fields or experience
- Experience in gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of Data Marts, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts
- Emphasis on development of high quality code focused on efficiency and the elimination of data integrity or quality issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously and to work independently and as part of an extended team
- Experience with Excel (tables and pivot tables)
- Experience in technology companies and/or telecom networks is a strong asset
- Experience developing cubes, complex reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy
- Experience using Python or R for use in advanced analytics
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/22/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.