Data Analyst, Business Intelligence
Req Id: 359519
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Network’s Bell Mobility Radio (BMR) department plans, designs, builds, and operates networks providing managed services for public safety and commercial users. The BMR Finance and Reporting team is responsible for building new processes and advanced reporting to help achieve financial and operational goals and objectives, drive insight, and increase value. The successful candidate must be dedicated to challenging the status quo and have an eye to push the business forward through critical thinking, combined with advanced analytics.
- Use analysis and collaboration to influence the achievement of the financial and operational objectives
- Leverage insights to identify business problems and drive business solutions - work with datasets to explore where opportunities for cost savings, standardization, and operational efficiencies exist
- Work closely with team members and clients to understands needs and learn processes to build reporting that will increase effectiveness within the team
- Design, develop and maintain scorecards and key performance indicators to support the department and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Strong scripting and programming skills in SAS, SQL and Python/R
- Working experience accessing data in traditional data warehouses as well as big data tools such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with data visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau and PowerBI
- Excellent planning and management skills - organized, methodical, and detail oriented
- Strong sense of autonomy, adaptability, and can navigate through ambiguity
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and energy
- Exceptional team orientation and collaborative skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Background in Finance and Telecom is preferred
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
#Tech #Technology #Indeed #BusinessIntelligence #BI #Sas #SQL #Python #Hadoop #Spark #Analytics #Tableau #Microstrategy #LI-Hybrid #LI-MS2
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.