Creative DevOps specialist, Unified Communications
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Within the Bell Network team, Unified Communication/IoT is blazing the trail of transformation. Every day is a new opportunity to experience new technology and develop new communication/IoT products for our customers. We are seeking a creative and innovative DevOPs specialist who will help us build our future.
Bell is changing and we’re seeking new talented individuals to accelerate this transformation. Gone are the days of the traditional telecommunications, today is the era of innovation. Be ready to experience fun, to explore new technologies and learn every day.
If you love…
- Community. Ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in numerous team building activities
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge business vocabularies, product strategies and technical lexicon
- DevOps. We are committed to our practices and tools - CI/CD, TDD, container, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Tech exploration. You will build the strategy and evolution of existing services, as well as future services architecture
- Automation. You will have plenty of opportunities to destroy manual tedious tasks using innovative methods and tools
- Support. Along with the team, you will maintain production systems, troubleshoot issues affecting customers and fix outages
And you want to…
- Sharpen your development skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources and tools.
- Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development
- Turn legacy applications into unlimited playgrounds for fun and experimentation
- Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience
- Restlessly hunt down manual tedious task to automate everything (Python, bash, other)
- Put the interest of the team first
…then, you’re the perfect fit for our team! We want to get to know you.
We are seeking:
- A candidate with 3-5 years of software development (but if you believe you are up for the challenge with less experience, you are welcome)
- Sysadmin knowledge of Linux on various distributions
- Someone who is very familiar with automation/orchestration tool such as Ansible/Puppet, code management tools (GIT) and considers Infra-As-Code as a new religion
- With good knowledge of SIP and other Internet protocols
- A troubleshooter that can use Wireshark like a second nature for application or network issues
- Mobile networks knowledge: HSPA, LTE, IMS, 3GPP, etc.
- Able to write/debug application written in Java, C++, Python … or teach us something new
- A computer geek that knows the ecosystem with no attachment to a specific techno/tool
- A team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertainty and changing markets or needs
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour
- Bilingual (French/English)
If you have one of these, it’s even better:
- University degree in software/computer engineering/IT
- Coaching skills with the ability to raise your team’s game through your teaching
- Experience with container environments (Docker, DockerSwarm, Kubernetes; because new stuff is fun!)
- Linux certification
- Can discuss for hours the advantages of EMAC vs VIM
- CleanCode is your night table book
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Dorval
Application Deadline: 07/22/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.