Consultant, Insight & Analystics
Req Id: 376382
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The Consultant, Insights and Analytics is responsible for providing ongoing support to the merchandising, supply chain, and private brand areas with analytics and insights by synthesizing large amounts of data, identifying business trends and translating insights into strategies and recommendations. There will also be a component of building new analytical capability into the organization with respect to clustering and assortment optimization (SKU/store).
- Support various category strategies by providing clustering and assortment recommendations.
- Lead discussions amongst cross functional partners on execution of category strategy
- Deep dive analysis: synthesize large data sets to derive meaningful and actionable insights; from ideation to implementation - create methodology, create actionable insights, influence decision making, evaluate post-mortems
- Build Advanced Mathematical/Statistical Analysis methods & tools driving go-to-market strategies
- Leverage external data sets to better understand consumer behaviour/trend
- Effective collaboration and communication across varying hierarchy and business units (i.e. presenting recommendations and action plans to senior management)
- Actively seek to innovate and elevate analytics value proposition across organization by identifying and quantifying new business opportunities
- Build new capability into the company as new forecasting system rolls out in regards to sku/store parameter setting, store module sizes and space planning
- Provide recommendations to optimize overall inventory through analytical data mining and retail best practices
- Understand and advise on key retail math & supply chain metrics. Drive Actions & Go-to-market strategies.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to influence decision-making across various levels of hierarchy, with strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical experience, with the ability to transform data into meaningful actions
- Solid business acumen, with the ability to understand how retail KPIs interact
- Proficiency in data analytics and mining; able to pull and manipulate data quickly
- Highly detail oriented with ability to multi-task and easily adapt to business needs
- A self-starter who can lead and take initiative, and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams within the organization
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in the following tools and programs would be considered an asset: R, SQL, Python, Tableau (or other Visualization tools)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/06/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.