Consultant, Disability Management, Workplace Injuries
Req Id: 371851
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Disability Management, Workplace Injuries, the incumbent will be responsible for the administrative and medical aspects of managing workplace injury claims, including the following:
- Manage mainly CNESST claim files for Québec and WSIB claims for Ontario;
- Promote the safe return to work of injured employees and initiate the accommodation process;
- Support and supervise the work of assistants - analysis of the disability;
- Represent the employer in 1st level appeal cases during disputes;
- Assist in preparing hearings for 2nd level appeal cases;
- Communicate with the various external stakeholders involved, i.e. the attending physician, medical specialist, therapists, investigators, rehabilitation counsellors and others;
- Determine the need for a medical evaluations or any other type of evaluation relevant to managing the case, and approve related expenditures.
- Prepare cost sharing and cost relief requests;
- Represent the Workplace Injuries Management group in communications with business unit managers, the Industrial Relations department and the health and Safety department as required;
- Develop and deliver training programs for the business units;
- Ensure quality control of statistical data;
- Take part in developing and implementing processes;
- A college diploma or bachelor’s degree in the health field, in industrial relations, human resources or relevant discipline;
- 3 to 5 years experience as a workplace injuries consultant.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written);
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in force in these provinces (an asset);
- Knowledge of SIGMA-RH;
- Knowledge of SAP (an asset).
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/11/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.