Consultant, Labour Relations
Consultant, Labour Relations
Req Id: 293893
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Labour Relations, the LR Consultant will provide front-line labour relations support to help managers achieve their business objectives by enhancing organizational efficiency through employee programs, policies and processes. The LR Consultant will be expected to implement initiatives across different teams in line with labour relations strategies.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and results-driven performer to provide labour relations support to our Client group. In partnership with an experienced team, you will:
- Provide support to the Senior Manager, Labour relations on various business related LR solutions;
- Assist and support leaders on the interpretation and application of the collective agreements (grievances, disciplinary measures, arbitration, etc.);
- Identify and partner with appropriate resources to resolve client issues so as to ensure satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness and thorough communication;
- Lead and execute initiatives that enable the business unit success from an LR perspective;
- Data analysis and aggregation of results into coherent reports to aid in management decision-making and in the deployment of strategies contributing to the achievement of our business imperatives;
- Identify LR issues impacting the business units;
- Lead and implement efficiencies within the Labour Relations team
Essential Skills/ Competencies:
- University Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources or other relevant discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Labour relations;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing skills (French and English) and ability to synthesize;
- Demonstrated ability to create and build multiple partnerships;
- Strong ability to influence and work under pressure;
- Must have a strong results orientation and a track record of execution;
- Strong ability in data analysis & present analyses;
- Strong ability to understand business priorities, issues and people impacts;
- Excellent project management capabilities;
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook;
- HR/LR designation is an asset;
- Able to occasionally travel for business.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Additional Information: Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 06/11/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.