Communications Officer, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications and Community Investment, the Communications Officer works within a small and dynamic team, based in both Montréal and Toronto, that is responsible for all internal and external corporate communications for Bell Media.
- Responsible for planning and executing media relations and communication strategy and efforts for Bell Media and Astral, Bell Media's out-of-home division, with a focus on Québec
- Manage outsourcing and reviewing of translations
- Monitor and provide news summaries on industry-related issues in Québec as needed
- Act as a liaison with sales and marketing teams to effectively position Bell Media Sales and Astral among the national advertising community and trade press
- Act as advisor to the Corporate Communications team on Québec-related issues and opportunities
- Act as a contact for media relations and crises management as needed
- Write and issue corporate and trade releases regarding Bell Media, Astral, and Bell Media Sales, and other properties as needed
- Write, edit, adapt, and distribute a variety of communications documents including communications plans, key messages, Q&As, briefs, newsletters, memos, and speeches to support internal and external initiatives
- Previous experience in Corporate Communications
- Excellent writing, editing skills, and communication skills
- Completion of a public relations degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years' experience in the communications/advertising/media/entertainment industry
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and able to meet tight deadlines
- Must have a demonstrable understanding and passion for media, including TV, radio, out-of-home, and digital
- Evidence of good working relationships with the press with a proven track record of innovative communications strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to liaise professionally with members of the media, senior executives, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Fluently bilingual (French and English)
Bilingualism is required (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 05/27/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal