Co-Op, Core Engineering Build
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network. The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
The successful applicant will assist with publication of network capacity and Core Engineering network provisioning metric reports across multiple technology domains including voice, core data networks, and high speed internet. You will be an integral part of the development and improvement of capacity and capital project/portfolio metric reporting processes, reports and systems. This will include analysis and interpretation of data from a variety of different sources, including working with the various systems and databases which support them. The successful applicant may also be involved with engineering support for core network provisioning projects, including technical audit/analysis of existing network and project management of planned activities. This position requires an individual who thrives as part of a team, and is comfortable collaborating not only with team members, but with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Undertake grooming studies and activities in the core voice switching network
- Development of new reports using Cognos, Microstrategy, SAP or other tools, and improvement of existing reporting in various domains.
- Work with stakeholders and team manager to publish monthly network project/portfolio capital metrics and capacity reports, as well as supporting publication of various dashboards.
- Prepare and/or collaborate with other team members to prepare technical studies and ad hoc reports
- Provide project management support for network build initiatives
- This job will require a quick learner who is comfortable working on multiple activities in very different technology domains. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must. A background in telecommunications, data networks and/or databases would be an asset.
- The student should show initiative, and work well without close supervision. Enthusiasm and a good work ethic are also important. Strong skills in Excel and a background in Adobe Acrobat are essential. Any experience with the SAP environment would be an asset.
- Student should be pursuing an engineering degree specializing or intending to specialize in electrical or computer engineering. The student should be enrolled in a cooperative education program.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management, Temporary - from January to April 2018 (4 months)
Job Location: Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's
Application Deadline: 10/22/2018
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.