Cloud Application Developer
Req Id: 375051
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Job description :
The BALI team is a sub-team of the IT delivery group at Bell. This young team's mission is to create a new network monitoring solution for products sold to large companies. Our solution is built on recent open-source technologies and Java Spring micro-services. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, able to succeed in a stimulating environment, to develop, through creativity and innovation, solutions essential to the success of our platform. Our motto is: “scalability”
Tasks and responsibilities :
• The chosen candidate will participate in the different stages of software development for distributed and highly available applications.
• Participate in the development of the solution (architecture design and technological choices)
• Ensure the quality of the code and the solutions implemented using “pair programming” and “pair review”
• Ensure the stability of the architecture and intervene in the event of a bug or failure (DevOps)
Skills and Abilities Required:
• At least 2 years of concrete experience in Java and “Spring” frameworks
• Experience with building and interacting with REST APIs
• Mastering the use of the GIT tool
• Relevant experience in software development in micro-services architecture
• Experience with messaging technologies such as: RabbitMQ, Kafka or Pub/Sub
• Development experience in Agile mode
• Fluency in French and effective communication in English
A plus if:
• Computer science degree (college and university)
• Passion for new emerging technologies
• Experience in the distributed system architecture
• Understanding of DevOps and GitOps principles
• Good understanding of a CI/CD flow
• Knowledge of Docker
• Experience with Kubernetes or Openshift
• Familiarity with Unix-based systems
• Experience in software performance analysis
• A good sense of humor
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/09/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.