Chase Producer, BNN Bloomberg, Bell Media, contract
Req Id: 373383
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
BNN Bloomberg has a one-year contract opening for a Chase Producer. Working from our national newsroom in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be intimately involved in planning and executing daily programming produced by Canada’s only television service devoted to business, finance and the markets. If you are a highly-motivated individual with strong business and television knowledge and great story ideas this position is for you.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
- Generating interesting and original story ideas of interest to investors, the financial industry and others in our growing audience of high net-worth Canadians
- Tracking down high-profile and expert guests for on-air interviews
- Pre-interviewing guests
- Preparing research packages and questions for use by on-air hosts
- Designing and producing interview segments, including suggesting and overseeing the creation of graphics and video footage to help illustrate our coverage
- Managing resources to ensure delivery of succinct, dynamic programming
- Writing news stories about segments and ensuring stories are posted and shared on digital platforms
- Completion of a journalism degree, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of and a keen interest in the markets and financial news; previous experience in the financial industry is especially beneficial
- 2-4 years experience in a television newsroom
- Experience producing both live and taped programming
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to generate story ideas, research subjects and write solid broadcast copy
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and assignments
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent self-motivation, high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong computer skills, including detailed knowledge of basic software
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/03/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.