Category Manager, Procurement
Req Id: 245893
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy partnering with other like minded high energy professionals that are passionate about enhancing the overall customer experience across Bell, while improving the overall cost structure? Would you enjoy collaborating with the senior executive team on business transformation projects?
Our people are empowered to make big things happen, supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just another place to work, and are not afraid of challenges, we would like to hear from you.
The Procurement Organization manages all aspects of sourcing & procurement within Bell/BCE. Procurement's mission is to create value through its strategic role of providing best-in- class sourcing solutions while improving Bell's EBITDA through cost reductions and supporting Bell's strategic priorities.
BCE's Indirect Procurement team is currently seeking a Category Manager to lead strategic and complex souring initiatives (RFXs), contract negotiations, and vendor management across the Indirect Portfolio (IT Software and Hardware, Fleet, Real Estate, Travel, Logistics/Transportation, Finance, Human Resources, Consultants/Contractors, and all other Corporate Services).
The Category Manager will be responsible for championing strategy, sourcing and business optimization of key programs for various Bell Business Units. As an integral part of the Indirect Procurement team, the focus will be on three key areas: procurement expertise, client /vendor relationships and enabling performance management. The successful candidate will ensure Bell delivers on all its strategic imperatives, including Improving Customer Service and Achieving a Competitive Cost Structure. The position is high profile and considered critical for Bell Canada/BCE to meet overall corporate objectives.
Support internal client groups and Procurement peers to:
- Develop strategies and lead sourcing initiatives for any Indirect Procurement spend category
- Negotiate commercial contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Drive total cost of ownership reduction, through price reductions, joint process improvements, etc...
- Implement and manage standard supplier performance management programs
- Continually identify leading practices from inside and outside of Bell for implementation/adoption.
The Category Manager's key areas of focus include: category expertise and management/savings objectives. This position requires:
- Category expertise and management.
- Ensure adherence to BCE's best in class Procurement standards, process, and policies.
- Manage internal client relationships and meet/exceed their business requirements and expectations.
- Manage vendor relationship and performance. Generally, relationships are high profile, high risk and considered key in meeting the overall corporate objectives.
- University Undergraduate degree and/or related experience in Procurement, Business, or IT
- A minimum of 3 years of Procurement experience.
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Experience working in multi-functional teams as the project leader
- Strong negotiating, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong work and client relationships
- Strong written/verbal communication and listening skills in English
- Proficient in power point, excel, and word.
- A strong visionary leader with excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Selflessness, the team always trumps the individual
- Humility, curiosity, and a fierce determination to win
- University MBA Preferred
- Experience in sourcing program implementation, savings tracking, and compliance management
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Familiarity with SAP, Ariba, Ivalua, and Fieldglass
- Experience in process reengineering
- Experience in telecommunications industry is desirable
- Strong written/verbal communication and listening skills in English and French (Bilingual)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Additional Information: Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 10/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal