Business System Analyst
Req Id: 243311
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The IT - NM1 Systems Delivery Team is focused on delivering competitive billing solutions to our Bell Business Market and Bell Mobility partners. We participate in the development of leading-edge solutions and interact with other Bell IT groups and external vendors to implement the solutions. Our team is committed to delivering quality billing-related projects on-time, and within budget, while ensuring that corporate and quality targets are met.
The NM1 Systems Delivery Team is looking for a high-calibre professional individual, competent in the delivery of releases on the NM1 Ensemble & Singleview platforms. The Systems Integrator candidate must possess strong interpersonal, analytical and technical skills to meet the demands of a rigorous release delivery schedule. The ideal candidate is capable of reviewing solutions, providing impact analysis of individual projects to the overall NM1 release, and producing key deliverables that contribute to a successful delivery of a release. This individual is expected to be hands on when required and have the aptitude to pick up any technical issues quickly and have the leadership to analyse and provide recommendations on solutions. A strong background on how the overall systems work end to end from Infrastructure (H/W & OS) to Database (Oracle), to Java (JVM) and webservers, to ensure high throughput is maintained is essential. Other responsibilities include planning, managing and tracking performance testing for online modules (CSM, WAC, IVR, eCare) and NM1 batch jobs.
The candidate must be comfortable and adept at leading and coordinating activities with a number of different teams both internal and external.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Analysis of IP/Broadband and Mobility projects that will be included in a NM1 release and the impact to the NM1 platform.
- Planning and allocation of test environments, and coordination of interfacing systems
- Providing second tier environment support to internal & external test teams.
- Delivering System Integration Test Plan
- Delivering System Impact Documents
- Creating Firewall requests.
- Review and provide input to Network Requirements Document.
- Provide Project Interdependency Assessment.
- Manage connectivity testing with external teams.
- Participate in NM1 deployment planning effort with Amdocs and other vendors.
- Coordinate deployment schedules with interfacing systems.
- Facilitate troubleshooting of connectivity and configuration issues between NM1 and direct interfaces
- Plan, manage and track performance testing for online (CSM, WAC, IVR, eCare) and NM1 batch jobs
- Manage technical upgrades (Oracle, Java etc...) on the NM1 platform - plan, co-ordinate with interfacing teams, review test plans and deployment plans with Amdocs
Essential Skills / Competencies:
The successful candidate must possess:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of the following: Oracle, SQL, JAVA, C++, XML, UNIX
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of a distributed system
- Development and / or testing experience
- Practical experience in conversions / migrations. This should include and not be limited to the following: Analysis, data mapping, audit design, delivery strategy, and delivery execution.
- Practical experience in deployment planning and execution
- Strong ability to analyze, research and comment on solution proposed by vendors
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with key partners
- Have Used a development methodology
- Has worked in a multi-vendor and / or multi-product environment;
- Ability to gain technical alignment and technical integration between products / vendors
- Ability to produce documentation that would cover areas of change and interdependency between impacted projects / applications;
- Ability to provide application knowledge, insight into best practices and perform QA for deliverables during the assessment, analysis and design phases
- General knowledge of NM1 or Ensemble billing platform
- Knowledge of billing
- General understanding of Bell Mobility and Bell IP Broadband businesses
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written so that work can be conducted in a virtual team setting
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and able to handle a demanding workload
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Has worked with Amdocs products;
- Has worked with CGI;
- Understands telephony / mobility areas
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 10/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa