Business Analyst, Risk Management and Credit Strategy
Req Id: 341851
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
You will work within the Risk Management Department of the Customer Operations Business Unit, reporting to Senior Manager, Credit & Collections Risk. You will develop and maintain robust forecasting models, report on involuntary churn, and perform analysis to improve involuntary churn, net bad debt, and related processes and metrics. Your work will involve working closely with the various teams within and outside of the Risk Management Department.
- Provide insightful and high quality information, advice and guidance to the business related to credit risk strategy and management
- Propose initiatives and strategies to reduce credit and collection risks contributing to involuntary churn and overall bad debt
- Analyze and report on the drivers behind net bad debt, involuntary churn, and other related metrics, and provide input to the relevant credit and collections processes
- Interface with internal/external teams, and use analytical problem solving and quantitative techniques to understand and generate solutions to complex business problems related to credit risk strategy and management
- Prepare short, medium, and long-term forecasts on involuntary churn
- Analyze raw data, using tools such as MS Excel or SAS, to enable strategy development, tracking and risk management
- Translate complex data and model outputs in a simple and concise manner suitable for management review
- Prepare and distribute regular reports and insights on involuntary churn
- Support the team in the development/enhancement, monitoring, and evaluation of the performance of credit risk scorecards
- Support the development of business cases
- Treat own work as a project, take ownership and ensure that priorities and deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or a quantitative field
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a role involving data analysis and / or strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience in translating complex business issues in a simple and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and to work independently and as part of an extended team
- Strong oral/written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and comfort in interacting with all levels of management
- Ability to successfully resolve issues, diagnose business problems, plan, document and deliver solutions in timely manner
- 1-2 years of experience in strategic financial planning, forecasting and risk management
- Familiarity with credit risk management concepts and frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with SAS programming and/or MSSQL
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.