Broadcast Operations Centre Supervisor, Bell Media
Req Id: 360713
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Dome Productions is looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills, technically minded, knowledgeable in live sports production to fill the role of Supervisor in our broadcast operations centre. In this role you will be part of the operations and engineering team that supports virtual ad replacement on live events.
- Pre-show prep including;
- Event info sheets
- Confirm key contacts at venues
- Gallery assignments
- Confirm all transmission and data routing requirements
- Establish TSU and calibration fax schedules.
- Ensure that all required facilities and data links are in place and operational.
- Ensure that the assigned operators are fully aware of days specific event details
- Ensure that the operators are fully trained and aware of all system and software updates
- Confirm that all required venues are on-line and track any issues
- Confirm that the operation staff have all required creative elements and associated playlists for each broadcast.
- Assist operators with any issues during the setup and while on-air
- Monitor gallery outputs so as to ensure that technical standards are maintained
- Engage other resources as required to trouble shoot any issues
- Collecting daily operations reports, identifying any issues and communicating upwards to the Ops Manager and providing technical solutions. Archive reports.
Skills / Requirements
- Understanding of computer networking and operating systems
- Ability to trouble shoot hardware and software issues
- Ability to work to deadlines and perform under pressure
- Ability to monitor multiple video streams concurrently
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Understanding of sports and entertainment production
- Detailed-orientated, multi-tasking, self-directed with the ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Required to work weekdays, evenings and/or weekends as needed
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.