Bilingual Legal Counsel, Commercial
Req Id: 376253
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Legal and Regulatory teams advance and help develop Bell’s corporate, legal and regulatory strategies by providing strategic advice and legal counsel, protecting Bell’s interests, and liaising with regulatory and government agencies.
Bell Canada’s legal team is tasked with providing support to Bell Canada and its affiliated companies. Bell is seeking a commercial lawyer to join its legal team. As a member of the legal team you will work with our business partners in a variety of sales transactions including deal negotiation and agreement drafting. The legal team works closely with the business, in a fast paced environment to offer enterprise customers innovative solutions that meet their business needs.
Our team is looking for a business minded commercial lawyer with experience negotiating and drafting complex agreements. This role involves providing commercial legal advice to support the Bell Business Markets teams across Canada, for all lines of business including wireless and wholesale. The successful candidate will be bilingual with at least 5 years of commercial law experience. Relevant experience in telecommunications or information technology industry is an asset.
- At least 5 years of commercial law experience gained in a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel in a large corporation
- Bilingual (French and English) and capable of drafting, negotiating and practicing in both languages
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial IT agreements in support of sales activities including a variety of IT and cloud solutions
- Strong business acumen and an interest in understanding the business with the goal of providing solution-oriented advice to our business partners
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills and an ability resolve client and legal concerns practically and efficiently
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally
- Ability to effectively articulate legal advice (including written) to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently on multiple files and prioritize them effectively while meeting deadlines
#talent #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.