Associate Provisioning and Activation Voice, Bell Canada
Req Id: 358974
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Company: Bell Canada
Job location address: 140 - 10th Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Job status: Regular Full-Time
Number of positions: 1
Date candidate required: May 2022
Name and description of the hiring department:
Inter Carrier Services and Voice Provisioning –Western Region. The team is accountable for issuing inter carrier requests for customer’s voice services, assigning Telephone numbers and programming in voice switch.
The Associate will be issuing and/or receiving orders to/from various carriers for voice services. The Associate is required to maintain accurate internal records in several databases and systems, and providing updates for internal stakeholders regarding customer requests.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Issuing voice requests to various Carriers/LECs
- Assign telephone numbers and program in voice switch
- Maintain data records in applications and/or spreadsheets
- Update and maintain internal and Inter Carrier records for customer’s requests
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal partners at Bell
- Responds to requests and/or inquires on customer orders on a timely basis
- Provides clear communication both verbal and/or written
- Takes initiative to find solutions when faced with a roadblock
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- MS Excel, Word, and Outlook basic level
- Ability and aptitude to develop and grow additional skills as the business evolves
- Positive attitude towards change
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, dealing with multiple requests and deadlines
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications
- Telecom and/or voice networking experience preferably with an IXC, CLEC or ILEC
- Working knowledge of TBS (Metasolv) database
- Working knowledge of NPAC / SOA system and Request Flow database
- Knowledgeable in Bell’s Voice Product offerings
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, AB, Calgary
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.