Req Id: 368013
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Name and description of the hiring department:
Employee Services is responsible for providing support to employees of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries. These services include payroll administration, human resources transactions, management of unionized employee transfers, including eligibility for the Employee Discount Plan.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The Payroll Associate is responsible for preparing, processing and validating payroll statements and tax forms on time and without error, while respecting relevant laws, government requirements, collective agreements and business practices of various companies. He/she must ensure the integrity and accuracy of payroll and complete claims for different government organizations. The Associate is responsible for overpayment recovery and distribution of tax summaries, and takes necessary measures to prevent additional losses to the company. He/she handles complaints and grievances, resolves disputes and handles various requests made by employees, retirees and departments by filling out the appropriate documents and following up as needed. The Associate is also responsible for coordinating the accuracy of pay in various exceptional and unexpected situations, such as annual payments.
- Accurately process employee payroll according to set deadlines
- Explain pay components and tax forms to employees
- Analyze report data, make necessary corrections and calculations for gross to net payroll in lieu of vacation time, etc.
- Analyze and process various internal and external requests; account for gaps while respecting service agreements
- Prepare specific reports, tax forms and all related documents for active employees, employees on sick leave and retirees, using the various applications
- Interpret and ensure compliance with the various collective agreements and government legislation
- Handle front-line complaints, as well as unusual and complex situations, such as seizures and settlement of grievances
- Negotiate reimbursement plans with employees that have been overpaid
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of payroll (understand and know how to explain pay stub, tax slips, etc.) / Validation test of knowledge will be given
- Experience in a Call Center environment
- French: fluent in the language with no significant limitation
- English: fluent in the language with no significant limitation
- Intermediate MS Excel (V-Look-up, PivotTable) / Validation test of knowledge will be given
- Intermediate MS Word
- Effective organizational, planning and work prioritization skills
- Proven discretion and respect for confidential information
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member according to the needs; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with a view to ensuring the accuracy of information provided to customers
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both official languages and to provide accurate information by telephone, in person or in writing
- Ability to identify obstacles, take appropriate action, demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment and propose solutions and improvements to processes
- Ability to work and develop in a constantly changing environment
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Knowledge of SAP P90
- CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) training. Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Experience Time Management (time administrator in SAP)
- Work 7.5 hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Overtime occasional
- Possibility of remote work
Job location address: 1 Alexander-Graham-Bell, Verdun QC
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/25/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.