Associate Network Management, Seasonal
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Name and description of the hiring department:
Network Provisioning is an organization recognized by the telecommunications market for its innovation, service excellence and network readiness. Our team is committed to being the supplier of choice for customer-valued services, competitive technology and network solutions for anyone, anywhere. If creating solutions for the future energizes you, then Network Provisioning is the place to be.
Hydro Joint Use/Support Structures Agreements works closely with the Ontario Hydro & Cable/Telecom companies. The team coordinates many different activities in a fast-paced environment, working closely with both internal and external customers.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Analyze and Process requests from internal/external customers
- Design, plan, develop and implement network solutions for existing and new infrastructures and technology platforms
- Create and Schedule SAP Networks including creation of purchase orders for external vendors
- Processing of payments for FTTN & FTTH programs
- Research and procure pertinent information to produce optimal customer/network solutions
- Investigate and validate all requests for accuracy and schedule accordingly to meet customer requirements, expectations while adhering to regulations, timelines and workload prioritization
- Collaborating/supporting various stakeholders in the establishment of methods and process
- Administer all facets of the permitting process
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Self-motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skill
- Strong team focus and ability to work well with immediate and extended team and partner with various levels of hierarchy
- Ability to establish and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and adjust priorities
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written with internal and external customers utilizing various mediums
- Works well under pressure and can carry many projects simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Must be technically adaptable to understanding leading edge technologies
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment with evolving processes and functions
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (ex: pivot tables, macros)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Completed minimum 1 year of Post-Secondary Degree program
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Knowledge of Network provisioning process/Bell outside plant
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Computer aided design software (i.e. AutoCAD, Visio, NetX)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Kitchener
Application Deadline: 03/17/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Kitchener