Associate Human Resources Transactions Management, Seasonal
Req Id: 355091
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Job Title : Associate Human Resources Transaction Management, Unifor
Job Location address: 1 Alexander Graham Bell, Verdun, Qc.
Job status: Temporary Part-time (students) for a period of 6 months
Name and Description of Hiring Department:
The Employee Services group is responsible for providing support to employees of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries. These services include payroll administration, human resources transactions, management of transfers of unionized staff, including eligibility for the Employee Discount Program.
The HR Transaction Assistant/Group is responsible for interpreting, analyzing, explaining Human Resources rules, plans and policies. She validates all HR transactions of various levels of complexity with applicants from all Bell Canada entities and ensures the integrity of the information while respecting the very tight turnaround times and high level of quality required by the service agreements negotiated with our clients. She acts as an intermediary between the various internal and external client groups to ensure the updating and maintenance of employee and retiree files and the organizational structure of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries. She also makes recommendations on transactions and work processes such as data entry and must support the administrative assistants and ensure that deadlines are met.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive by phone or in writing the clients' requests, analyze them and answer them within specific deadlines, making sure to make the necessary corrections to avoid payroll errors
- Guide the administrative assistants in the use of the various self-service tools and refer them to the right people when appropriate
- Identify and evaluate problems and suggest appropriate solutions to the people responsible in order to contribute to the improvement of our processes
- Respond to client requests and provide coaching on the application of HR processes, policies and government legislation
- Extract, process and investigate discrepancy reports to ensure data quality and correct if necessary
- Compile or extract reports for analysis using various tools and databases
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual: French/English (read, spoken, written)
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information for clients
- Good organizational and planning skills, good priority management, ability to meet tight deadlines and manage stress well
- Ability to work and evolve in a constantly changing environment with multiple priorities, volume fluctuations and tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with and influence sometimes-difficult employees or customers using empathy, diplomacy and tact
- Make quick decisions, identify obstacles, take appropriate action, exercise initiative and judgment, and propose solutions and process improvements
- Be recognized for teamwork
- MS Word basic level
- MS Excel basic level
Please note that an Excel test will be administered
Working Conditions :
- Work schedule Monday through Friday between 8am and 4:30pm
- Minimum of 3 days a week, with a possibility of full time
- In office attendance
- Start date : as soon as possible
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/20/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , QC , Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.