Associate Computer Support
Req Id: 361679
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Name and description of hiring department:
The Employee Services group is responsible for providing support to employees of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries. These services include payroll administration, human resources transactions, management of transfers of unionized personnel, including eligibility for the Employee Preferred Rate Program.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
As a Support Assistant, you spend a lot of time reviewing databases. You use this information to make reports and reports.
The support assistant will work with various teams to ensure that all analyses and reports are clear and effectively communicated to the client. He or she will need to quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the success of the department.
The Support Assistant will also be responsible for the hardware and IT support of the Employee Service Group.
• Analyze data and results to produce statistical reports
• Identify opportunities to reduce operating costs, make recommendations and/or take appropriate action
• Produce various statistical reports on call or task volume trends
• Explains results and procedures, and justifies variances to various stakeholders
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
• Experience in a call centre environment
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate proactivity, research numerical analytics problems and formulate tangible solutions
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, work hard to complete them and deliver effective results
• Mastery of reporting metrics and their meaning
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Willingness to rapidly improve numerical analytical skills
• MS Excel advanced pivot tables (Validation Test will be given)
• French and English (read, spoken, written), fluent in both languages with no significant limitation
• Have a good sense of organization, planning and prioritization of tasks
• Be recognized for discretion and respect of confidential information
• Be recognized for his/her ability to work independently or as part of a team as required and possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Possess great attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
• Identifies obstacles, takes appropriate action, demonstrates initiative and judgment, and proposes solutions and process improvements
• Ability to work and evolve in a constantly changing environment
• Knowledge of computer hardware
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
• Post-secondary education in business management or administration (clear preference for graduates)
• At least 1-year experience in data analysis
• Additional call centre experience
• Analytical skills and demonstrated experience in short- and long-term forecasting
• Minutity, multi-tasking ability and excellent communication skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel and pivot tables, Vlookup and Hlookup functions
• Availability between 07:00 and 18:00
• Possibility of overtime on occasion
Job location address: 1 Alexander-Graham-Bell, Verdun QC
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/14/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , QC , Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.