Req Id: 292192
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility.
AAA Alarm Systems Ltd., a Bell MTS Company, combines innovative technology with exceptional service to deliver advanced security and automation to residential and small business customers.
About the team
Bell Smart Home's (BSH) Finance team is responsible for reporting results for Bell Smart Home across all regions. The team is responsible for month end close, management reporting, financial planning, forecasting, coordinating reporting and consolidation across all of Bell Smart Home. The team works closely with the Bell Residential Services (BRS) finance team, strategic planning, controllers team and other corporate groups. The mandate is to deliver insightful financial information and analysis to the executive team to influence decision making and drive greater profitability, while ensuring financial integrity.
The Assistant Controller at BSH will be responsible for all monthly journal entries, overseeing bank and credit card reconciliations, cash management services, commodity taxes and expense analysis for different business units. The successful candidate will work with finance and operational peers to coordinate financial reporting, accruals, capital expenditure reporting and monthly and quarterly forms. We are looking for a dynamic and responsible self-starter, who is detail-oriented with strong analytical skills. The candidate will work closely with the controller and various Business stakeholders to optimize spend and profitability while maintaining integrity of the financial information.
- Preparing monthly journal entries tied to bank reconciliations, payroll, accruals and adjustments
- Review monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare and submit monthly trial balance, fixed asset continuity schedules and cash flow schedules
- Responsible for all commodity tax preparation and remittances
- Manage depreciation and amortization schedules and report to the Corporate team
- Review and approve all invoices processed by the accounts payable team, monthly EFTs and cheque disbursements
- Monthly reconciliation of AP, AR and other accounts
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for consolidation, treasury, taxation, accruals and expense reconciliations
- Complete quarterly and annual forms and schedules for the Corporate team
- Posting of all GL entries in the system
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelors degree in finance/accounting
- Completed or pursuing a CPA designation
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and principles and IFRS standards
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications (notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in an accounting role
- Strong communication and organization skills a must
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills including variance analysis and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great autonomy
- Proficiency in Sage, SAP and BPC an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto Application Deadline: 06/11/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada, ON, North York
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.