Application Developer, IOS
Req Id: 365879
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
Are you someone who is actively looking to push the boundaries of what can be accomplished through a native mobile experience for one of the biggest brands in the country? Are you seeking to showcase your skills to our 2+ million customers? Our team’s purpose is to help users easily self-manage their Wireless, TV, Internet, and Home Phone services and devices while on the go. With over 8 million monthly visits (and growing), it is critical that our applications provide best in class usability and reliability to meet our customers needs.
We are looking for amazing developers who are looking to carve themselves into iOS specialists and develop intuitive and personalized ways for our customers to manage their services through our native mobile application.
- Develop new functionality following our coding standards and best practices
- Participate in daily scrums, grooming sessions and story refining
- Implement robust unit tests, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Use git to create pull requests, review code and merge branches
- Collaborate with the team and participate in knowledge sharing
- The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development initiatives.
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience
- Strong working knowledge of Swift and latest iOS SDKs
- 2+ years of experience with mobile development
- University degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering/IT
- Familiar with RESTful principles and API design techniques
- Experience with packaging and publishing of mobile apps
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Examples of previous work on other native apps
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/25/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.