Req Id: 272339
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Technical Prime role within the IT/BRS organization is a niche role tasked to support design and delivery of different initiatives in the BRS Ordering, Bell Internet and Bell TV system domains. The Technical Prime is involved in every phase of the projects, as well as in hardware / software / network upgrades and production issue investigations.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Lead and organize design, development (including code reviews), essaying and deployment activities, working closely with multiple vendors
- Determine technical feasibility and perform analysis and evaluation of proposed solutions
- Improve business and software operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes
- Review vendor assessments
- Perform capacity planning and organize performance essaying accordingly
- Oversee and assist the vendors and project teams in all test phases (system essaying, functional essaying etc.)
- Participate in deployment strategy development with the Deployment primes
- Build executive presentations and convey release changes (technical) to the support teams
- Occasional assistance to the production support teams to resolve production issues
Training & Education:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software / Computer Engineering or similar.
- Understanding of software architecture patterns and practices - mandatory
- General understanding of network concepts (OSI model, basic network principles, etc.)
- General understanding of hardware / hosting platforms
- General understanding of IT standards and frameworks (ITIL, ETOM, Zachman, TOGAF etc.)
- Java/J2EE Application servers (Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.) - mandatoryOS (Unix/AIX/Solaris/Linux - mandatory, Windows - optional)
- Java enterprise application frameworks
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Dynatrace, DCRUM, AppMon, Compuware
- Visio, Enterprise Architect or similar
- Java, J2EE, Spring - mandatory
- XML, XSD, SOAP, XSLT, XQuerySOA and Web Services, REST API design, development and essaying experienceC# / .Net
- C / C++
- AngularJS, React, Redux or nodeJS an asset
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL - mandatory
- Microsoft SQL Server an asset
- Software development - Java (preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
- Software architecture
- Strong analysis experience
- Strong technical writing experience
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent ability to articulate ideas and influence vendors at design
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Self-governing, tolerance to a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies, languages, frameworks and tools creativity and ingenuity
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto corridors with little advance notification; travel depending on project needs à occasional only
- Fast paced, changing working environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular Term - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application Deadline: 01/17/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.