API Gateway Engineer
Req Id: 359713
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
As a member of the Network Platforms for Data, AI & Automations team, reporting to the Site Reliability & Software Releases Senior Manager, the Site Reliability Engineer will play a leading role in managing the Hadoop ecosystem; ensure continuous availability, supporting the development of new products, capabilities, and standardized practices using Big Data technologies.
- Deploy, Support and maintain the API Gateway, and similar other development platform systems, be a subject-matter expert.
- Create, evolve and maintain the platform feature roadmap and architecture.
- Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps, FinOps, including deployment and maintenance processes.
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, CI-CD continuous integration/deployment, database, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing an "API Gateway" such as Tyk, Kong, IBM API Connect, WSO2, Apigee, 3Scale, Mulesoft, SoftwareAG.
- Experience with designing, building, operating, scaling, and maintaining large scale Microservice APIs.
- Working experience using Maven, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience designing and deploying services and platforms for developers, system integration, and administration.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations collaborating with clients/business groups to support complex Network Big Data, Orchestration and Automation solutions.
- Working experience with the major cloud hyperscalers such as Google, Amazon and Azure is a plus.
- Played a leading role in the delivery of multiple end-to-end projects using an API Gateway.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.