Android Developer, Bell Media
Req Id: 356133
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
The Bell Media Digital team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
We are searching for an Android developer focused on the development and support of our Mobile apps, including Crave, CTV, Noovo, and a few others! Our developers work closely with Product Owners to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Development, UAT and product support are all elements of this position. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer and leader who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented and takes extreme pride in their work.
As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for all things Android, including developing new features and maintaining the various Android applications we develop internally, as well as working with external agencies to ensure they adhere to our development guidelines. You will work alongside our other talented teams of engineers and designers to ensuring that our users’ experience is as best as possible.
- Have a voice in the architectural definition and implementation of various key technology pieces
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- Participate in the product definition phase, daily scrums, grooming sessions and story refining
- Implement robust unit tests, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Use git to create pull requests, review code and merge branches
- Collaborate with the team and participate in knowledge sharing
- The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development initiatives.
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience
Critical Qualifications / Competencies:
- Minimum 4 years experience with Android development (primarily Kotlin)
- Deep understanding of Android SDK, performance, and optimization (ie. AsyncTasks, Adapters, Fragments, Activities, Threading, etc.)
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
- Strong understanding of mobile user interface guidelines and best practices
- Comfortable with integrating RESTful web APIs and JSON
- Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
- Superior problem solving and risk management skills
- Strong initiative, priority setting, and collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with iOS native development
- Understanding of code obfuscation & encryption techniques
- SQL and relationship database fundamentals
- Knowledge of Chromecast implementation and optimization
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal West
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/22/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
#tech #indeed #LI-DB1 #talent
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.