Anchor, Financial Commentator, CTV News Channel, Bell Media
Req Id: 361111
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Anchor, Financial Commentator, CTV News Channel
Location: Bell Media (CTV News)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Provide daily financial updates for CTV News Channel, BNN Bloomberg, CP24, CTV News local stations across the country, and digital articles with a focus on personal finance and what the daily financial news means to regular people – how can they save money, how can they stretch their income
- Drive and delivery top quality financial journalism and content on multiple platforms with a digital first perspective
- Make daily financial editorial decisions while maintaining station credibility and following CTV News Policy Guidelines
- Actively contribute financial story ideas, and provide financial editorial support to the team
- Know what the audience wants and be aware of the financial stories that resonate with Canadians and Canadian families
- Be a leader on the team, promoting a positive work environment
- Be an ambassador for the CTV News brand in the community and on social media
- 10 years financial journalism experience
- Substantial experience with a credible financial services company
- Minimum 5 years of live financial reporting & financial anchoring experience in a major market
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent in Finance and Broadcasting/Journalism
- Outstanding on camera performance, interviewing, writing, and storytelling skills
- A track record for solid financial editorial judgement on air and on-line
- Excellent financial journalistic skills & the ability to communicate effectively with our audience on multiple platforms
- Strong creative abilities
- Ability to work in a team, motivate team members and personally set the highest professional journalistic standards
- Ability to deal with multiple demands & the pressure of changing deadlines
- A link to a Demo reel on your application is preferred
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/19/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.