Analyst, Financial Planning
Req Id: 366581
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
Who you’ll work with:
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions to drive our business forward. Having clear, collective and meaningful values are critical to winning as individuals, as a team and as a company. They are the foundation of our commitment to being a great place to work and becoming the consumer electronics and communication store of choice for customers!
The career you want:
Do you often think about how details fit within the big picture? Do you enjoy challenging the status quo? Are you a visionary with improving processes? Do you enjoy working with others and positively influencing the way they think? Are you proactive and like to show initiative?
The Finance team at The Source is a key pillar of the company supporting a constantly evolving business, helping to streamline processes, provide insightful analysis and improve results. As the Financial Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for completing reporting requirements on a weekly and monthly basis; forecasting and budgeting; variance analysis, and other ad hoc requests supporting various areas of the organization. The Analyst will also be engaged in process improvements and special projects. This role also has responsibility for partnering with Business Operations teams and Bell Mobility to ensure alignment on forecasts and facilitate business decisions required to drive performance.
- Providing financial analysis, forecasting and support to the key stakeholders within the organization
- Development and application of financial forecasting models
- Develop KPIs and metrics to enhance organizational understanding of performance
- Accountable as a subject matter expert on financial results
- Liaison with Bell Mobility and co-ordinate intercompany processes
- Emphasis will be supporting our Operations teams in target setting, as well as other corporate reporting, tracking and ad hoc analysis as required
- Financial support for Budgets, Forecasts and Key Metrics tracking
- Create new information templates, tracking tools, databases and retrieval processes, to derive meaningful information for business decision-making purposes
- Provide value-added analysis and recommendations to Senior Management to improve efficiency and profitability
- Prepare, update and/or create reports for internal and external use. Provide data analysis and projections as required and be able to communicate those results to relevant stakeholders
Skills we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in a financial planning and analysis role required
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Statistics and/or Business
- Proven ability to conduct sensitivity, cost/benefit analysis, data analysis; perform data mining; and effectively present results & recommendations to senior management
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential
- Successful completion or working towards CPA/CFA designation considered an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines is imperative
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office is required, namely Excel and PowerPoint, with VBA knowledge as an asset
- ORACLE Business Intelligence/SQL experience would be considered an asset
It’s all about you:
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at The Source including a robust extended medical and dental benefits plan, RRSP contribution matching program and three weeks’ vacation to start! If that’s not enough, we offer career advancement opportunities, awesome training programs, initiatives including an extensive recognition and rewards program, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, employee discounts!
The Source is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, The Source requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Position Type: Management
Position: Analyst, Financial Planning
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/09/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.