Analyst, Business Intelligence
Analyst, Business Intelligence
Req Id: 292893
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services Business Intelligence team is responsible developing, maintaining and using data driven insights on customer experience and field operations. The team covers a full stack of business intelligence and advanced analytics from sourcing and maintaining data to reporting, analysis and data visualization to developing machine learning models and deploying production model driven applications. Our team partners closely with other BI teams within the company and supports our Field Services team members with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
If you're the type of person that has a strong sense of curiosity and is energized by solving complex puzzles, then this role it the perfect opportunity for you. With nearly limitless sources of data at your fingertips, the Field Services Business Intelligence team collects and analyzes millions of data points on network and product performances to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 10,000 people. The team's findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. This is a terrific opportunity to gain experience working with new cutting-edge technologies.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics, the ideal candidate is an Analyst, Business Intelligence accountable for the successful planning, development and implementation of the analytics and reporting capabilities of the Field Services team. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to implement the latest practices in advanced analytics, data visualization, ML modeling enabling Field Services team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations and help Bell deliver a best in class customer experience.
- Design analytical or machine learning models to translate data into actionable insights and strategies
- Track model performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics and techniques
- Deliver solutions with measurable results and benefits to the business overall and define key metrics for measuring success of the project
- Communicate analytical solutions and models to stakeholders effectively and confidently
- Translating business imperatives into data centered questions to be able to quantify and evaluate them
- Bring in new sources of data by exploring data across Bell and externally
- Design and expand interactive dashboards
- Self starter with highly analytical problem solving skills
- Undergraduate or masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Management/Research, Business or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Experience in using Python and SQL (Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Oracle) to analyze data and gather valuable insights
- Experience in developing and modifying Hadoop (Spark, Scala, Impala), Python and SQL ETL Processes
- Knowledge of machine learning practices and experience applying them to real datasets
- Must be versatile and quick to learn new languages, packages and frameworks
- Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- Team player with excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience building anomaly detection models is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular Term - Full Time Job Location: Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application Deadline: 06/09/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.