Analyst, Business Intelligence
Analyst, Business Intelligence
Req Id: 274234
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services Vendor Management team is seeking an innovative, creative and dynamic individual to drive analytical reporting, provide analytical consultation, conduct advanced analytics and data mining and generate business insights to support optimal decisions and strategic planning for Bell Field Services. In this role, you will have the opportunity to communicate your analytical findings on trends, risks and opportunities for gains in productivity and quality of service in Field Operations to executive upper management. You will also drive significant process improvements, be involved in change management and execute on key reporting initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to work in a high profile and challenging environment. You will have opportunities to apply and expand your skills by working with experts in the field, using state of the art BI tools.
- Develop reporting for both frontline management teams and senior leadership
- Interface with stakeholders to gather requirements for report development
- Design, track and interpret key performance indicators and analytical models driving Field Operations strategy and productivity
- Recommend and establish action plans based on such indicators/models to mitigate risks and optimize Field performance
- Analyze complex cross functional business processes and identify opportunities to improve vendor effectiveness through process and systems enhancements
- Prepare upper management for strategy discussions by developing reports/ packages to provide high level strategic views of business performance
- Build partnerships with leadership teams in Field Services
- Bachelors Degree or Master's in a discipline such as: Business Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Proven experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or experience with creating reports in Python
- Excellent skills in Excel, SAS and SQL
- Highly analytical mind and solid understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- Demonstrated application of a wide range of analytical techniques to solve a variety of business problems
- Proficient with statistics
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with leveraging visualization tools, predictive analytics, text analytics and other data mining or Big Data tools and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint with ability to quickly build a clear presentation for an executive audience that graphically explains issues and opportunities
- Communication (spoken & written) skills suitable for executive audience
- Deadline driven with excellent project and time management skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, self driven, dynamic and results-oriented with desire to influence and promote change
- Flexible and able to tackle duties outside of their usual scope of work when called upon
- Bilingual, French and English (spoken and written)
- Strong preference for experience in Field Operations and/or Network
- Experience with database systems such as SQL server, Teradata, Oracle
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Experience in machine learning methods and their implementation
- Experience in developing fully automated reports
- Experience in forecasting and/or workforce management
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto Application Deadline: 01/31/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.