Advisor, Technical Support, Maskatel
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Maskatel, a Bell Canada Company, combines innovative technology with exceptional service to deliver advanced security and automation to residential and small business customers.
Do you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? If you refer a qualified candidate who is not a current Bell employee and they are hired, you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus! Simply look for the referral hashtag in the job description to see if this role qualifies.
Location: St-Hyacinthe (COVID-19: Remote work)
We Offer You:
- A hiring bonus of $ 500! *
- One of the most generous pension plans on the market
- Vacation and leave totaling 4 weeks / year
- A comprehensive group insurance program
- An Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Corporate discounts on Maskatel and Bell telecommunications services
- Corporate discounts with many partners
- Access to contests within the department
- The opportunity to develop your skills and for advancement
- A collaborative working atmosphere
- Free access to many training programs for our employees, including on LinkedIn Learning
- Access to LIFT session, a training platform that can be accessed on your cell phone
Reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor, and in a call centre context, the Level 1 Technical Support Advisor responds to customers who contact the company with technical problems related to telecommunications products and services provided by the company, such as Internet, television and telephony.
- Respond to technical support requests related to various technical issues experienced by customers via the various communication channels made available to customers (phone, chat, etc.)
- Create a ticket for each customer contact and make sure to properly document it
- Diagnose problems
- Solve technical problems by supporting the customer throughout the process
- Escalate issues (via tickets) to a higher level as needed and provide follow-up
- Exchange defective equipment as required
- Call newly connected customers to check on the quality of service and answer questions if necessary.
- Take and follow up on voicemail messages
- Must hold a completed high school diploma
- A DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies) in networking or technical support (or equivalent knowledge)
- Functional bilingualism — English and French (intermediate to advanced level, with the ability to carry on a conversation in English)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good customer service skills
- Demonstrate good listening and communication skills
- The ability to explain things in a clear and simple manner
- Be patient and in control of your emotions
- Be comfortable working over the phone
- Be an excellent team player
- Be versatile and demonstrate good adaptability
- Be methodical and thorough
- Demonstrate a strong interest in new technologies
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent position, full time, 40 hours / week
- Opportunity for advancement in a company that cares about your success
- You will have many opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- Work equipment provided
- Competitions and prizes within the department
- Several time slots available
- Work location: St-Hyacinthe (COVID-19: Remote work)
- Stimulating challenges in a context of business growth
- * Bonus payable according to the conditions of the program
- Hybrid work profile, mostly remote **
** Hybrid work profile: the selected candidates must be able to be physically present on site at the Saint-Hyacinthe office on a full-time basis during the first 3 to 5 weeks of integration . Subsequently, an occasional physical presence in the office may be deemed necessary.
If you are interested in this job opportunity and believe that you match the profile sought, send your application to: email@example.com. Please specify “Technical Support Advisor (Level 1)” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest. However, we will only contact applicants who have been selected.
COVID-19 Accommodation Measures:
Since the crisis first started, most of our employees have been working remotely, and we have adapted our working methods in order to ensure their safety and maintain service to our customers. Many health and safety measures are in place for employees who are unable to work remotely. We regularly communicate with our employees to keep them informed of the measures being taken by the company, and we are able to continue hiring remotely.
About the Company:
Groupe Maskatel Québec L.P. is a regional telecommunications company providing Internet access, digital television and phone services for residential and business clients.
Maskatel is headquartered in Saint-Hyacinthe and acquired four telecommunications companies in 2015 in order to expand its service territory in several areas in Quebec. These companies are: Téléphone Upton, Téléphone de Saint-Victor, Téléphone de St-Éphrem and Télécommunications Xittel. With these strategic and complementary acquisitions, Maskatel is currently undergoing a period of great growth.
Over the past few years, Maskatel has invested tens of millions of dollars to pursue its goal of deploying a fibre optic network and improve its offer and client experience.
Groupe Maskatel is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the population in our regions. Therefore, our selection processes and work environment are inclusive and free from discrimination.
Bilingualism is preferred (English and French)
Position Type: Call Centre
Position Level: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Saint-Hyacinthe
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/30/2022
Contact Name: Emplois@maskatel.qc.ca
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. If you are a current Maskatel employee, please also notify Emplois@maskatel.qc.ca Applications through email will not be accepted
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, QC, Saint-Hyacinthe