Acting Store Leader in Training (2IC), Burnaby, Non-mgmt
Req Id: 246107
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
At Bell Retail, we offer our customers' products and services for both mobile and residential through multiple storefronts across Canada. These include Bell stores, The Source and other approved distributors.
We are a high-performance telecommunications sales channel driven by a culture of pride. We are committed to providing an exceptional retail experience for our clients, creating a great place to work for our team members and being the benchmark for all other sales channels to follow.
This is a 12-month term position
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Store Leader in Training supports the store operations in the absence of the Store Manager. The role is supported by a program that will provide candidates with hands-on learning and development needed to become a Store Manager within the Corporate Stores.
- Assist the Store Manager to drive and contribute to the store's overall achievement of sales targets for all lines of business (including wireless, TV and Internet)
- Customer-facing environment - can occasionally require outbound business development (cold calls, call back, special events, etc.)
- Keep current on policies and procedures, product knowledge and industry knowledge
- Support the Store Manager in running the sales floor and resolving customer service issues
- Receive various training in areas of compliance, inventory, sales, HR, service, and customer experience.
- Provide secondary leadership guidance to the store
- Responsible for assisting the Store Manager with the overall performance of all employees and monthly coaching sessions
- Assist the SM with Recruiting for the store; help build and feed the candidate pool.
- Assist SM to manage in-store inventory and cash controls by ensuring adherence to all operations policies and procedures with a specific focus on post-sales support (e.g. repairs, returns, loaner phones), inventory counts and invoice audits.
- 1-2 years of retail sales or customer service experience
- University degree or college diploma in business or management is an asset
- Comfortable with technology such as computers, mobile devices and digital merchandising
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with emphasis on active listening
- Strong organizational skills, initiative and strong ability to prioritize
- Bell offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Base pay and incentive programs
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits
- Group RSP with company matching component
- Employee discount on Bell products and services such as Bell TV
Opportunity for Growth, Development and internal promotion
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Retail Stores Job Location: Canada: British Columbia: Burnaby Application Deadline: 11/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, BC, Burnaby