Req Id: 414154
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 140 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s tech services and digital media leader, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of top talent. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
Finance at Bell
As an undergraduate student, you can join the Finance Summer Internship Program in either the Finance Internship stream, or Finance Analytics stream. The Internship provides interns a breadth of experience in the various divisions in Finance, within one role throughout the duration of the summer.
For the Finance Internship stream, interns will be placed in one of the following groups:
- Internal Audit and Risk Advisory
- Finance Operations
- Financial Closer Controllers
For the Finance Analytics Internship stream, interns will be placed into one of the following groups:
- Finance Robotics & Automation
Why join us?
- Apply your technical and academic knowledge to real life business issues
- Develop and apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to understand and evaluate key business trends and drivers
- Learn about the diverse roles within the Bell Finance organization and the technology, communications and media industry
- Continue to grow on a personal and professional level through one-on-one coaching and mentorship sessions from members of the Finance team
What you can expect as a Finance Intern
- Regular team meetings and one-on-one touchpoints
- Month-end reporting
- Financial planning & analysis
- Presentations to direct team members and upper management
- Working with data analysis and applicable software
- Special projects
- Development workshops focused on soft-skill training
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with members of Finance
- Socials within the GLP community
- Undergrad university student enrolled in Business or STEM; Graduating in 2025 or 2026
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn new Finance systems quickly (i.e. SAP, BI, BPC tool)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate the business story
- Enthusiasm in managing changes, taking risks, thinking outside of the box and showing leadership when you approach your everyday work
- Excellent with building relationships and collaborating
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- A can-do attitude with a passion for technology, communications and media
- Knowledge of English required : Maintaining professional relationships with English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
- Apply through the Bell careers page
- You must submit a resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 10/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.