Req Id: 414135
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 140 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s tech services and digital media leader, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of top talent. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
Finance at Bell
The Finance team provides Controller, Internal Audit, Risk Advisory, Taxation and Treasury Services. As a new graduate, you can join the Finance Grad Leadership program in one of the three program streams below, which offers a rotational experience within the various divisions of Finance. The three program stream options are as follows:
- Pre-Approved CPA stream: 24-month (Quebec) or 30-month (Ontario and Atlantic) specialized rotational program spanning Internal Audit and Risk Advisory, Financial Close Controllers, Tax, Finance Operations, or External Reporting & Consolidations. Approved by the CPA regulatory bodies in Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic, this rotational program is designed to support the practical experience requirements of your designation.
- Financial Management stream: 30-month rotational program across various Finance departments in Finance Operations, Finance Robotics Process Automation, Capital Markets, Treasury, Strategic Business Transformation and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Finance Analytics: 36-month rotational program including rotations in Finance Analytics, Finance Robotics Process Automation and Finance Operations
Why join us?
- Educational and study support provided to grads pursuing designations
- Continuous learning with development workshops and access to free online learning resources
- A “head start” management development program in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that focuses on innovation and allows you to apply your technical training to real life business issues
- Exposure to different areas across Bell to better equip new grads for successful careers at Bell
What you can expect as a Finance Grad
- Regular team meetings and one-on-one touchpoints
- Month-end reporting
- Financial planning & analysis
- Presentations to direct team members and upper management
- Working with data analysis and applicable software
- Special projects
- Development workshops focused on soft-skill training
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with members of Finance
- Socials within the GLP community
- Must be eligible for full-time employment by September 2024
- Completion of undergraduate studies before the program start date, and applicable pre-requisite course requirements for the Pre-Approved CPA stream
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Minimum B+ in core courses
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn new systems quickly (i.e. SAP, BI, BPC tool)
- Knowledge of other software programs for data analytics is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to articulate the “business story”
- Knowledge of English required : Maintaining professional relationships with English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
- Enthusiasm in managing changes, taking risks, thinking outside of the box and showing leadership when you approach your everyday work
- A can-do attitude with a passion for technology, communications and media
- Apply through the Bell careers page
- You must submit a resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 10/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.