Req Id: 414179
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Big data is a big deal:
The Field Services Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights to improve the customer experience and field technician’s productivity.
With nearly limitless sources of data at our fingertips, the team sources, maintains and analyzes data on network, product & operational performance. They build metrics, dashboards tools & models to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 12,000 people, and delivers a performance management system that achieves best in class quality and services from our technicians.
The team’s findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. We collaborate closely with other business units and groups within the company to support our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
How the program works:
This is a two-year graduate leadership program where you will have the opportunity to work on projects and improve your skills in data analytics, dashboard development, data engineering and machine learning.
Upon completing 12 months in Business Intelligence, you will have the option to “go and see” a frontline area of Field Services for 4 to 6 months to gain leadership experience and knowledge of that area to apply in your BI role.
Upon graduation from the program, you will continue working in the Field Services Business Intelligence team.
During the program, you can count on:
- A proven training program: including extensive hands-on, classroom training and development.
- A huge support system: Senior leader mentorship, Grad Buddy, on the job peer buddy and Grad community with whom you can connect, share, learn and have fun!
- A supportive Executive Team with whom you will network
- Many learning opportunities to help you excel in your role
Keep reading if:
- You are passionate about performing in-depth analysis, developing insight tools & developing analytical models
- You have an aptitude to create business impacts using data-driven approach
- You are interested in operations and enabling team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations
- You have a strong sense of curiosity and are energized by solving complex puzzles
- You're a fast learner and want to develop and apply your analytical, project management skills and leadership skills, working with new, cutting-edge BI technologies
Click on the apply button if:
- You are currently completing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or related field, graduating by August 2024 or you have graduated no earlier than 2022.
- Or, you are currently completing a Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or related field, graduating by August 2024, and have a maximum of 1 year between completing your Bachelor’s degree and enrolling in your Master’s program.
- You are highly analytical with a good understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets.
- You have strong problem solving skills and a curiosity to understand “how things work”.
- You have demonstrated leadership qualities in co-curricular activities.
- You have the ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations.
- You demonstrate initiative, leadership, and a passion for learning new skills.
- You have strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities.
- You are a curious, quick learner, and have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to have competencies:
- Experience with query development using SQL.
- Experience in Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with various databases systems such as Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, and Oracle.
- Dimensional modeling experience (fact tables, conformed dimensions, etc.).
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and Python Dash.
- Experience in large data sets and machine learning techniques.
Knowledge of English required : Maintaining professional relationships with English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 10/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.