Req Id: 414141
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Big data is a big deal.
If you are passionate about transforming data into business value, this fast-growing, innovative field is where you want to be. We lead applied data science projects to support contact centre operations, sales, marketing, media, and more! Bell’s forward-thinking AI & Data Engineering team is helping create the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers.
Collaborate with partners across the organization and provide strategic guidance supported with data. Our mandate is to provide actionable insights and advocate the use of machine learning to drive business decisions and directly enhance our products and services.
As part of this team, you will have opportunities to work with new technologies, build project management skills and discover meaningful insights that will ultimately affect millions of customers.
Learn from the customer: Your first two months will be spent on the front lines gaining a 360° view of the customer experience
Your Role: From there, you will be assigned a permanent role based on your skills and interests
Who are we hiring:
We are hiring for the following roles within the Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering teams:
- Data Analyst
- AI Project/Product Manager
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
You should apply if:
- You have a university degree completed before the program start date, and you completed your degree no earlier than three years before your application date.
- Your degree is in Machine Learning/AI, engineering, mathematics/statistics, or computer science.
- You have a college diploma or post-grad certificate in a STEM-related field completed before the program start date, and you completed your diploma/certificate no earlier than three years before your application date.
- You are flexible to work in different locations within the Greater Toronto Area or within Montreal.
- You are aligned with working in-person at a Bell office location a minimum of 3 days per week. We value in-person collaboration and believe working in-office is the best way to establish meaningful relationships, build your network, and interact with our Leadership Team.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Have a strong interest in data and technology.
- Develop automated analytical solutions (BI reports and dashboards)
- Draw insights and make recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences based on the understanding of business strategy and stakeholder
- Collaborate with business, operations, data engineering, AI/ML and IT teams to conceive and implement tracking properties for new and existing programs
- Leverage modern BI technology such as Teradata SQL, BigQuery, SAS, and MicroStrategy
AI Project/Product Manager
- Full cycle support of Data Engineering, Data Science and ML Engineering projects or products
- Leading use case discovery with business partners and coordinating into a concise roadmap and WBS to be executed on with business and technical teams
- Leading agile meetings such as backlog refinements, sprint retrospectives, and sprint reviews
- Performing analysis on benefits and KPIs to gauge project/program opportunities and performance
- Communicating and prioritizing with partner teams on ideation, task status, value add, feedback and providing technical updates to non-technical audience.
- Design, development and maintenance of data pipelines (Batch and Real Time)
- Get exposed to data modeling and architecture (Normalized and multidimensional)
- Exposure to data warehouse technologies such as SQL Server, BigQuery, Teradata, SAS or others
- Shifting to leverage Google Cloud tools
- Would be helpful to have experience with one of the following programming languages: SQL, Spark, Java, Scala, Python, C+
• Highly driven to learn about the newest machine learning techniques and to apply them to solve business problems
• Building of ML Algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning modules
• Opportunity to focus on applied NLP techniques
• ML frameworks such as HuggingFace, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, H2O, etc.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Design, development and maintenance of data pipelines
- Development of ML applications, productionize both real-time and batch ML models
- Leveraging Google tools such as Vertex AI platform and Dataflow
- Exposure to development tools such as version control systems and IDEs
- CI/CD pipelines (GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Exposure to container environments like Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift/GKE
- Would be helpful to have experience with programming languages such as SQL, Java, Python, C++
- Apply directly on Bell’s career page.
- Submit a resume and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted).
- Focus your efforts on a maximum of 3 Bell postings and inform hiring leaders on other interviews should you be invited to multiple processes.
Knowledge of English required : Maintaining professional relationships with English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
Please note: We hire on a rolling basis. This means that applications are reviewed as they are received and positions may be filled while this job ad is still live. Apply as early as possible to give yourself the best chance!
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 10/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.