Req Id: 414140
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
If you are passionate about transforming data into business value, this fast-growing, innovative field is where you want to be. We lead applied data science projects to support contact centre operations, sales, marketing, media, and more! Bell’s forward-thinking AI & Data Engineering team is helping create the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers.
Are you looking for a great career opportunity next summer? Are you a quick learner who is ready to gain practical skills in data analytics? We are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join the Bell team in 2024! Our co-op offers a crash course in business operations, gained through hands-on experience working with some of Canada’s largest brands including Bell Mobility, Bell Fibe, and Virgin Mobile.
Over the course of our 4 to 16-month co-op program, you will:
- Apply your learnings: Improve the customer experience by working with your fellow co-op students on critical business projects. Our executive team carefully selects project topics, which offer co-op students an opportunity to make tangible impacts.
- Discover opportunity: Explore the many career paths at Bell while building an extensive network as you connect with the brightest minds in the industry.
Why join us:
- Learn how to leverage and use data to drive results as you produce and present business cases to our senior Leadership Team.
- Develop your analytical, project management, and communication skills with training and hands-on opportunities to apply your learnings.
- Interact with our peer-to-peer support network and receive mentorship from recent Grads enrolled in our full-time Graduate Leadership Program.
- You will have the opportunity to secure a full-time permanent position in our award-winning Graduate Leadership Program.
You should apply if:
- You are graduating between spring 2025 to spring 2026.
- You are enrolled in a university Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Machine Learning/AI, engineering, mathematics/statistics, or computer science.
- You are enrolled in a full time college program in any of the above areas and are required to complete an integrated work experience.
- You are aligned with working in-person at a Toronto or Montreal-based Bell office location a minimum of 3 days per week. We value in-person collaboration and believe working in-office is the best way to establish meaningful relationships, build your network, and interact with our Leadership Team.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of English required : Maintaining professional relationships with English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
- Develop automated analytical solutions (BI reports and dashboards)
- Draw insights and make recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences based on the understanding of business strategy and stakeholder
- Collaborate with business, operations, data engineering, AI/ML and IT teams to conceive and implement tracking properties for new and existing programs
- Leverage modern BI technology such as Teradata SQL, BigQuery, SAS, and MicroStrategy
AI Project/Product Manager
- Full cycle support of Data Engineering, Data Science and ML Engineering projects or products
- Leading use case discovery with business partners and coordinating into a concise roadmap and WBS to be executed on with business and technical teams
- Leading agile meetings such as backlog refinements, sprint retrospectives, and sprint reviews
- Performing analysis on benefits and KPIs to gauge project/program opportunities and performance
- Communicating and prioritizing with partner teams on ideation, task status, value add, feedback and providing technical updates to non-technical audience.
- Design, development and maintenance of data pipelines (Batch and Real Time)
- Get exposed to data modeling and architecture (Normalized and multidimensional)
- Exposure to data warehouse technologies such as SQL Server, BigQuery, Teradata, SAS or others
- Shifting to leverage Google Cloud tools
- Would be helpful to have experience with one of the following programming languages: SQL, Spark, Java, Scala, Python, C+
- Highly driven to learn about the newest machine learning techniques and to apply them to solve business problems
- Building of ML Algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning modules
- Opportunity to focus on applied NLP techniques
- ML frameworks such as HuggingFace, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, H2O, etc.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Design, development and maintenance of data pipelines
- Development of ML applications, productionize both real-time and batch ML models
- Leveraging Google tools such as Vertex AI platform and Dataflow
- Exposure to development tools such as version control systems and IDEs
- CI/CD pipelines (GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Exposure to container environments like Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift/GKE
- Would be helpful to have experience with programming languages such as SQL, Java, Python, C++
- Apply directly on Bell’s career page.
- Submit a resume and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted).
- When prompted, indicate three role profiles that interest you. Before submitting your application, please visit jobs.bell.ca/ca/en/campus-glp-customer-operations for more information on each of the following role profiles:
- Data Analyst
- AI Project/Product Manager
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 10/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.