2023 Finance Internship Program - Data and Analytics Stream
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 140 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
How the program works:
The Finance Summer program is designed to give interns a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance such as Internal Audit and Risk Advisory, Finance Operations, Financial Close Controllers, and Finance Data and Analytics.
Why join us?
- Apply your technical and academic knowledge to real life business issues
- Develop and apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to understand and evaluate key business trends and drivers
- Learn about the diverse roles within the Bell Finance organization and the telecommunications industry
- Continue to grow on a personal and professional level through one on one coaching and mentorship sessions from members of the Finance team
What you can expect as a Finance Intern:
- Regular team meetings and one-on-one touchpoints
- Exposure to and usage of software and tools such as Alteryx, MicroStrategy, SAS +more
- Partnership with Finance team members to drive Finance Transformation initiatives
- Exposure to upper management via presentations/showcases
- Drive key initiatives in the AI space through Intelligent Forecasting development
- Liaise with data & technology and Finance processes to help drive the Finance of tomorrow project
- Use various developer tools/coding languages to enable the Finance Data Warehouse (FDW) development
- Development workshops focused on soft-skill training
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with members of Finance
- Socials within the GLP community
- 2nd or 3rd year undergrad university student enrolled in Bachelor’s program with focus on Business Analytics; Graduating in 2024 or 2025
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn new Finance systems quickly (i.e. SAP, BI, BPC tool)
- Comfortable with big data analytics and deep dive analysis
- Knowledge of analytical tools and technologies: (i.e.: Teradata, SAS, SQL, Tableau, Cognos)
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical data analysis techniques and their application (i.e.: Time series, ARIMA, Cluster Analysis)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate the business story
- Excellent with building relationships and collaborating
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Apply through the Bell careers page
- You must submit a resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.