2021 Field Services General Graduate Leadership Program
Student and Grad
2021 Field Services General Graduate Leadership Program
Req Id: 262914
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services team delivers everything from basic home phone service to emerging technologies such as Bell Fibe TV, Internet and Wireless to the Home Internet across Canada. With innovative technology and leading edge management practices, our new grads get the opportunity to be part of a team that strives to achieve operational excellence and deliver the best customer experience in Canada.
The Field Services General Graduate Leadership Program provides new grads with the opportunity to develop the skills and industry knowledge to become future leaders at Bell. We provide a career path tailored to your needs and interests with experiences to enhance your leadership skills. Over the course of 28 months you will be exposed to many key areas of our business. These rotations are intended to build and strengthen your foundation of knowledge and experiences, enabling you to succeed in a leadership role at Bell.
All of our grads are required to complete 3 rotations. Each rotation is 9 months in length, where you will have the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of how we plan and manage our operations, lead strategic projects, improve current processes and enhance the customer experience.
- You will start with 3 weeks of onboarding and training that will give you an in-depth view of our operations and enhance your skills to set you up for success as you start your career.
- For your first rotation, you are matched to a role based on a skills and interests profile you complete. By your second rotation, you have a better understanding of the many roles in Field Services and you get to rank your top selections based on a long list of diverse opportunities.
- On your final rotation, you will have the opportunity to lead, coach, and raise the performance of your very own team of field technicians or internal support agents. You will gain invaluable leadership and people management skills that will position you well for the rest of your management career.
Why join our program:
- Develop and apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to real, customer-facing challenges.
- Identify your individual strengths and interests to build a customized career development plan/path.
- Gain leadership skills by managing a team of approximately 20 members.
- Grow with extensive hands-on and classroom training and development.
- Experience exclusive opportunities to network with peers and Bell's leadership team.
- Benefit from our one-on-one Executive mentoring program.
- Support to obtain relevant professional certifications and licenses
What you can do:
- Strategic Planning
- Project Delivery
- Analyst / Business Intelligence
- Program Manager
- People Management
- UX Design
- Process Optimization
- Project Management
- Workforce Analytics
- Change Management
- Contract and Vendor Management
- Quality and Service Specialist
- Training and Development
What our new grad leaders have to say:
“One of the things I love most about the program is the level of trust and support you get from your senior leaders. The impact you’re able to make from day one is unparalleled.”
“It is an excellent opportunity to develop your leadership in a stimulating environment which is constantly evolving. Learn how to grow in a competitive company with cutting-edge technology and great coworkers.”
What we are looking for:
- A university degree completed before the program start date and no earlier than two years before your application date
- Demonstrated curiosity, initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills
- Solid analytical skills and a strategic mindset
- Interest in driving change and taking on new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to learn quicklyExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in team management-type activities (sports team coach, club / committee leader, restaurant / retail management, etc.)
- Flexibility to work in different locations within the Greater Toronto and Montréal area
- A valid, permanent driver’s license (G class in Ontario)
- Knowledge of, or experience with unionized environments is a bonus
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset in Ontario, and a requirement in Québec
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto