2018 Finance Grad Program: CPA Stream (GTA, Montreal, Halifax)
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 135 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
How the program works:
The Finance Grad Leadership program is a rotational program designed to give grads a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance.
- There are two streams:
- CPA: 30-month rotational program spanning Internal Audit and Risk Advisory, Controllers Group, and Finance Operations, which meets practical experience requirements of CPA Ontario.
- Financial Management: 36-month rotational program across various Finance departments in Finance Operations, Corporate Finance, and Bell Media. Ideal for grads planning to pursue CFA, MBA or CPA through Experience Verification Route.
This particular job posting focuses on the CPA stream.
Our Pre-Approved Training Program is designed to support you in obtaining your Chartered Professional Accountant designation, CPA* and to give you the skill set needed to work for Canada’s largest communications company.
In Ontario, we offer a 30-month training program with two learning pathways for students to choose from:
- First option: a majority of your time dedicated in Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Services along with experience in Business Unit Finance and Controllers Group
- Second option: equal exposure to three key Finance groups including Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Services, Controllers Group, and Business Unit Finance
Approved by CPA Ontario, our training programs are designed to support the practical experience requirements of your designation.
*subject to certain conditions as outlined by CPA Ontario http://www.cpaontario.ca/
Why join us?
- Support during the exam process including professional preparation programs, study leaves equivalent to the Big Four accounting firms AND a mentorship program
- Full reimbursement of professional preparation programs and exam fees
- A “head start” management development program in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that focuses on innovation and allows you to apply your technical training to real life business issues
- Exposure to different areas across Bell to better equip newly qualified CPAs for successful careers at Bell
- A Bachelor’s degree completed before the program start date
- A university degree completed before the program start date and no earlier than two years of your application date.
- Completion of CPA Ontario’s pre-requisite course requirements before the program start date
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to articulate the “business story”
- Enthusiasm in managing changes, taking risks, thinking outside of the box and showing leadership in how you approach your everyday work
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- A can-do attitude with a passion for telecommunications
- Apply through your school’s career services, AND on the Bell careers page
- You must submit a cover letter, resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: GTA
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.