ENG Camera, Temporary, CTV Saskatoon, Bell Media
Req Id: 215881
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Position: ENG Camera, CTV Saskatoon, Bell Media
Location: 216 First Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job Status: Temporary Part Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
This multi-skilled, energetic and motivated individual will be responsible for:
- Prepare, setup, align, carry and operate a portable electronic camera, lighting equipment and recording unit for field reports, as well as some interviewing, both pre-recorded and live to air
- Consult with Producers, Reporters, Assignment Editors, & other Newsroom staff to provide creative input to the production of story items
- Capture images for CTV Saskatoon’s social media and online platforms
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Education in Broadcasting or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years ENG Camera experience in a news environment
- Working knowledge of News Technical Operations
- Knowledge of Non-Linear Editing systems, including Velocity, Final Cut Pro, Avid
- MUST be able to work under pressure and demonstrate ability to react quickly and productively in a changing environment requiring immediate decision-making
- MUST have ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment with emphasis on internal assistance and upholding professional standards
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a knowledge of Saskatoon
- Ability to lift and carry over 50lbs several times a day. Ability to stand while supporting 50lbs for several hours a day
- MUST BE a team player
- Ability to withstand inclement weather conditions or extreme situations
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary Part Time
Job Location: Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Application Deadline: 10/17/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, SK, Saskatoon