Senior Business Analyst - Business Intelligence
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
We are a dynamic and multifunctional team responsible for providing insights across different areas of the business to empower decision making at the operational, tactical and strategic layers. Our team is made up of professional analysts and developers striving towards building an exceptional BI practice. We employ agile methodologies in running our day to day operations and work in close collaboration with various partners like sales, finance, marketing, workforce planning and operational planning.
We are currently looking to onboard a Senior Business Analyst who will take on a hybrid role of analyzing and managing a complex data conversion project (Contact PL) for the Business Intelligence team. In this 12-month mandate, the incumbent will work closely with partners around the organization to ensure Belairdirect data and reporting requirements are fulfilled, delivered on time and budget.
Workplace : Anjou (7101, Jean-Talon East St.)
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Contact PL project especially from a data and reporting conversion standpoint.
- Implementation of a master project plan that will document the step by step process to achieve project objectives.
- Collection, mapping and documentation of technical data and reporting requirements by working with IT and the BI Belairdirect teams.
- Work closely with partners to ensure Belairdirect requirements are being met by setting commitments and timelines around data and reporting delivery expectations.
- Providing business and technical solutions to overcome project challenges.
- Raise risks on requirement gaps, cost overruns, and time delays; provide solutions to resolve.
- Communicate and meet regularly with key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- Proactive follow-ups with key partners to ensure commitments are being met.
- Possess several years of business analysis or project management experience in an analytical or business intelligence environment.
- Hands-on experience in data conversion or migration projects
- Managed medium to complex IT or BI projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Good understanding of BI operations including data structures (lakes, marts, warehouses)
- Highly organized and structured
- Strong communication with a high sense of curiosity, proactivity and attention to detail.
- Ability to take charge on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Appreciation for the need to quickly execute in an agile environment.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in BI, IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics and/or related fields
- Knowledge of insurance industry (an asset).
- Bilingual (French, English)
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting!
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level.Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting for internal candidates closes on September 22nd, 2019.
Eligibility to work in Canada It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.