Sales and Customer Service Associate (Part-Time, 9 Month Contract)
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Start Date: January 6, 2020
End Date: September 30, 2020
Ever thought of a new career in the insurance industry? The Property and Casualty Insurance industry employs over 100,000 people in Canada. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we want to invest in you! We want to talk to individuals who have customer service skills, are self-motivated and have a great attitude. A combination of classroom training and on the job coaching will be provided to develop your skills if you are the right candidate.
We're looking for new Associates to join our Sales and Customer Service team. If you're passionate about customer service and are known for your excellent communication and people skills, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Location: Grand Falls-Windsor.
The Role As a Part-Time Sales and Customer Service Associate you will become proficient in providing our current or potential customers with the best insurance coverage options for their cars and homes. You will listen to them, understand their needs, and communicate - in the most simple and easy to understand terms - the available choices and related benefits. We work together to provide an outstanding customer experience, so your team spirit and talent for getting things done will help you find success in this role.
- Paid training that prepares for obtaining your GIE License;
- A flexible work schedule
- A competitive compensation package
- In-house technical and soft-skills training programs provided by skilled experts
- Dress for your day flexibility;
- Assist new and existing clients with their home and auto insurance needs
- Accepting and receipting payments
- Upsell insurance to existing clients by phone and in person
- Provide excellent customer service in a results-oriented environment
- Conduct outbound calls for corporate initiatives
- High school diploma (post-secondary education is an asset)
- Previous sales, customer service and/or call centre experience
- Property and casualty insurance experience or license is an asset
- High degree of professionalism and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn autonomously and thrive in a self-study training environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, while being able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
Please note that all candidates must be available to work part-time, a minimum of 21 hours per week during our hours of operation.
Must be available to work Monday to Friday, from 8:30am - 4:30pm Must be available to work from 10:00am-3:00pm for the first 10-12 weeks of training.
Must be available to work the first weekend of your start date.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes when a suitable candidate is selected.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.