Executive Assistant, Direct Distribution
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
We are looking for a motivated, high energy, and highly organized Executive Assistant with a 'can do' attitude to join the Direct Distribution team at belairdirect. In this role, you will support the Vice-President of Operational Underwriting & Workforce Management in BC, as well as the Vice Preseident of Sales & Operations in Ontario, and provide administrative and project support services ensuring the efficient operation of the dynamic and growing team.
You will also:
- Provide administrative assistance to both Vice-Presidents including managing e-mails, phone calls, agenda, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, conferences and follow-ups, mail, filing, office supplies, expense reports, office equipment and accesses. Provide similar support to team management as required.
- Provide support to the management members in certain administrative tasks.
- Ensure that both Vice-President's and management team are prepared for meetings including, ensuring that documents and materials are ready in advance; PowerPoint presentations have been revised and formatted, resolve scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Run confidential reports and create PowerPoint presentations, Word documents or Excel spreadsheets on department projects, activity and results.
- Partner with Human Resource to maintain and follow-up on related files in the operation of the department. Ensure that the organizational charts for each team are maintained and up to date.
- Plan and coordinate meetings and events, including invitations, facilities, ordering catering, equipment, materials, agendas, follow-up on action items, guest liaison, and other related requirements.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, reports, make editorial changes, and contribute in content and design of management communications and reports. .
- Lead the budget management of the department and manage expense reporting, ensuring regular review processes are in place.
- Participates in special projects and any other related tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in a corporate environment while in a support position.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration or related field.
- Previous experience in digital media, marketing or business development would be considered an asset.
Abilities and Knowledge:
- Superior organization skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and demonstrated strong judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent listening and communication skills and the ability to tactfully foster strong working relationships.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered a strong asset.
As a full-time employee, your benefits include:
- A competitive salary and annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- A positive environment with flexible work hours
- Extended health and dental coverage
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, continuous learning, discounted insurance etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
This posting closes on September 19, 2019.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.