4 month Paid Internship - Specialty Solutions
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create a safe, flexible and inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in. And, it's why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
What exactly IS specialty solutions?
Specialty Solutions is a major division of our commercial lines business that provides insurance solutions to unique industries with complex needs such as tech companies, movie production, agriculture and construction. Our Underwriters - the experts on our products and the champions of risk assessment - support our network of brokers (the ones who sell our products to customers) to make sure they have everything they need to help grow our business.
Your experience with us will be very special indeed. When you come onboard, you'll get to immerse yourself in our employee experience and become a valued, contributing member of the team. In addition to solid, meaningful work experience, you will also:
- Be mentored by industry leaders and experts
- Learn about our day-to-day business by preparing communications and documents for our partners including brokers, customers, vendors and legal
- Learn about the industry by preparing and presenting a research paper on a trending insurance topic (like role of disruptive technologies or the impact of A.I. in the workplace)
- Be a Rockstar admin for our underwriting team and help work move efficiently
- Meet many new, inspiring people - either at Intact social events, by joining an employee network, or though collaborating on work
We're proud to offer an award-winning workplace. Here's what you can expect working with us:
- A fun, inclusive workplace that will challenge and inspire you
- Opportunities to grow your career, learn new skills and do meaningful work
- Flexibility - because we know you have a life beyond our walls
- Social events to handout with the team, meet new people and celebrate successes
- An environment that supports its people and recognizes great work
You may be a good fit for this opportunity if:
- You are a skilled communicator who can adapt your approach to your audience
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving and are a solutions-seeker
- You care about people and are a natural at building and nurturing relationships (a key part of working in insurance!)
- You have exemplary analytical skills
- You are an enthusiastic learner who thrives within a team or independently
- You must graduate by the spring 2021.
- You are interested in the Underwriting Development Program, Specialized Solutions and Surety Bond for New Graduates and you could start participating in June 2021.
- You must be able to work full time from May to August 2020.
- You have a deep desire to make a difference.
The next steps:
We're accepting applications now through November 9th, 2019 at 11:59 pm . All submissions will be reviewed during this time, as well as after the posting closes.
- If you meet the requirements of the role, you can expect:
- A Video Interview - You'll receive an email with full details and a link to complete it.
- A Plum Assessment - This will create a talent profile for you so the hiring manager can assess your key strengths alongside the needs of the role.
- An Interview Phase - If selected to move forward, you'll get to meet the hiring team and current class members, discuss the role, and - most importantly - tell us about you!
About us: As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters. Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S. We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group handles our specialty insurance line of business. A career in Insurance has never been this exciting. Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.