Philanthropy Assistant, Corporate Partnerships
Contract until December 31, 2019
What we do
At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we’re on a quest to ensure every kid in the province receives the best health care imaginable. As a fundraising organization, we inspire communities and people to support BC Children’s Hospital, along with its world-class research institute, mental health facility and rehabilitation centre.
Our work makes a profound difference. From helping get the boldest research ideas off the ground to supporting the most advanced equipment, together we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in children’s health care. This is no small task—which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help propel our mission forward.
What you’ll do
This position will provide administrative support to a Philanthropy Officer and Associate on their corporate fundraising portfolios. The position is pivotal in supporting a positive and productive office culture and is often the front-line contact for the department with key internal contacts and external constituencies. The work in this role will contribute to the smooth functioning of activities and initiatives of the Corporate Partnerships Team.
More specifically, as the Philanthropy Assistant you will:
- Provide support to the Officer and Associate in their fundraising initiatives by assisting in the preparation of confidential correspondence, formatting donor proposals, creating collateral materials, department planning documents, taking minutes and correspondence for meetings.
- Assist with the recognition and stewardship processes by collaborating with the Donor Relations team to draft thank you letters, create stewardship reports and assist in the planning of recognition events as needed.
- Provide administrative, logistical and relationship management support to donor events as needed (this could include arranging tours, cultivation and recognition events, and fundraising campaign store visits).
- Provide support to volunteer committees and senior community leaders through the coordination of committee meetings; prepare meeting materials, set up for meetings, take meeting minutes and answer questions committee members have.
- Ensure that all information related to donor accounts is accurate and up to date in Raiser’s Edge; this includes regular data entry of information to Raiser’s Edge.
- Process donations in Raiser’s Edge and assist with the tax receipting process.
- Take a lead role in the review of portfolio specific reports for fundraising initiatives and bring forward any pertinent information to the Officer and Associate that may require follow-up.
- Provide online fundraising reconciliation and support; work with internal teams on creation of online fundraising pages, troubleshooting and post fundraising reconciliation.
What you bring
As the successful candidate you have two years of previous experience in an administrative support role and a diploma or certification in an applicable discipline (e.g, administration, marketing, fundraising etc). Previous experience working in a not for profit is an asset.
In addition to the qualifications, our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and ideally has worked with Raiser’s Edge 7 or other databases; strong knowledge with mail merge and large mail outs; has excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and orally), including integrity with sensitive and confidential information; superior organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent customer service ethic; the ability to work as a team player as well as work autonomously; takes initiative and approaches work with resourcefulness, experience working with senior community leaders and volunteers; superior time management skills; and a positive outlook with an inspirational vision.
We believe that anything is possible. And that permeates every action we take. As a team, we push ourselves to constantly aim higher in our work. We try new things and challenge the status quo. We respect each other and act from a place of compassion in everything we do.
While we take our work seriously, we’re also big on taking care of our team. We offer perks like a nine-day fortnight schedule and flexible hours, topnotch health and dental benefits, and a commitment to professional development.
We think it’s a pretty amazing place. Others agree—we’re proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for nine years in a row.
Seem like the right place for you? Join us and help kids shine. Apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careers by November 12, 2018.