Gift Processing – Representative, Advancement Services
We are the fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
At the BC Cancer Foundation we believe that with your help BC CAN make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. We know that one in two people in our province will face cancer in their lifetime and we’re igniting progress to break down cancer, piece by piece, in the labs and clinics.
We are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities across B.C. to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
Together, BC CAN break down cancer.
Reporting directly to the Advancement Services Manager, this position is a combination of customer service – a frontline resource for donors of the Foundation and internal staff –, gift processing and data entry duties.
Primary responsibilities of the Advancement Services Representative include:
- Interacting directly with our donors, most commonly over the phone, to receive donations, verify donor information, and answer enquiries
- Processing received donations according to CRA rules and regulations while creating a meaningful experience for donors
- Preparing and proof-reading tax receipts and letters to donors
- Inputting clean, meaningful data into the database through a variety of processes, ranging from manual entry to mass imports using state-of-the-art technology
- Specific data cleanup and database maintenance projects
The Person and Skills
The successful candidate will be positive, proactive, and embody a can-do attitude no matter what task is sent their way. Skills associated with this position include:
- Displays compassion, sensitivity, confidentiality and mature judgment skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the public, donors, and all levels of staff
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a dynamic team setting and be considered a team player
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to balance diverse workloads and meet multiple deadlines under pressure with constant interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, when required
- Strong problem-solving skills, with proven ability to be resourceful and creative
- Strong data entry and proof-reading skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another customer relationship management system is critical to this role
- Computer skills: demonstrated competence in computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus two years related experience, preferably working within fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply online at bccancerfoundation.com/careers for posting number FIN-2307991.