Bar One Supervisor
Denny’s has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
Come live in one of Canada’s most picturesque outdoor resort cities with access to world class hikes, winter sport resorts, golf courses, mountain biking trails, and white water rafting expeditions. Revelstoke’s winter sports boast the most skiable vertical in North America at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, 25+ km of groomed Nordic trails, easy access to Backcountry Touring, dog sledding adventures, and pristine snowshoeing.
During the warmer months, an entirely new set of outdoor activities are revealed in the Monashee and Selkirk mountain ranges; explore the hiking trails in Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Park, famous alpine mountain biking trails, an extensive dirt biking network, and a Championship Golf Course that borders the Columbia River. Add free nightly live music in Grizzly Plaza, white water rafting on the Illecillewaet, wine tasting tours in the North Okanagan, and stand up paddle boarding or kayaking on Lake Revelstoke, and you’ll barely have time to sit still outside of work!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Employer Contribution
- Gain Sharing Incentive Program
- Management Bonus Program
- Employee discounts with Revelstoke Resort, YYOGA, TELUS, Rogers Mobile, Dell, Kal Tire, Soft Moc, Frazer Way RV, Park n Fly, Serta Mattresses, and more!
The Bar One Supervisor is responsible for running the bar as a partner to our management personnel while upholding service and quality standards.
The Bar One Supervisor reports to the General Manager, assists with the supervision of approximately 5 - 15 crew members, and has a strong commitment to guest satisfaction and Bar One Core Values when interacting with others.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Oversees a shift by leading other hourly employees in execution of and adherence to brand standards
- Coordinates and directs restaurant activities during the shift based on guest traffic flow
- Monitors sales, employee hours, and guest counts throughout the shift to ensure proper staffing
- Coaches employees on guest service skills, the service cycle, and other guest focused activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
- Interacts with guests and inquiries about food and service
- Completes shift walkthroughs, and takes corrective actions when needed
- Maintains compliance with employment policies, to include all provincial, local and federal regulations
- Works with management personnel to build strong team relationships and a positive work environment
- Assists management staff with hourly employee training and development
- Responsible for controlling liquor costs and labor costs within Bar One.
- Must complete a liquor order each week, and manage inventory levels.
- Makes recommendations for Bar One schedules and assists the management personnel in ensuring we fill all shifts based on business needs.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
Preferred to have Management Food Safety Certification
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the restaurant both orally and in writing in the English language
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs; place items on high and low shelves in office, store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout a 4 to 8 hour shift
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.